Firefox fifty seven will ship with a redesigned new Tab Web site that displays more information to the user when it is opened.
Firefox people have total management more than what is displayed on the site Mozilla strategies to start the browser with choices to convert off any module that is displayed on Firefox’s New Tab site, but it is also doable to set up incorporate-ons that adjust the default site.
You can look at out New Tab Override for occasion which gives you even more management more than the New Tab site of the Firefox world-wide-web browser.
I previewed the alterations of the Firefox fifty seven New Tab site below, and I counsel you look at them out as they nevertheless maintain correct.
In essence, what Firefox displays by default is a search box, a leading sites area that is prefilled for new installations and new people, and a highlights area. Best Tales, another new element showcased in earlier months in Firefox Nightly is not proven in modern versions any longer it is unclear suitable now whether it will be element of Firefox fifty seven.
Disable highlights on the Firefox New Tab Web site
Mozilla defines highlights as a “way again to appealing points you have not long ago frequented or bookmarked”.
In essence, what Firefox does is display sites you frequented or bookmarked not long ago so that you are exposed to these sites or internet pages yet again, and may revisit them with a click on on them in the Firefox interface.
Highlights differ from leading sites in two distinctive methods:
- Highlights may display media, e.g. an animated GIF that plays on the Firefox New Tab site, whilst Best sites are normally static (thumbnail and title).
- Highlights adjust typically, and they lead typically to internal internet pages of a domain and not the homepage.
Mozilla additional choices to the Tab Web site of Firefox to disable the Highlights functionality. Some people may find it distracting or unneeded if you are 1 of them, you can do the following to convert it off:
- Open the New Tab site of the Firefox world-wide-web browser.
- Choose the cogwheel icon in the leading suitable corner.
- Clear away the checkmark from Highlights there.
The complete Highlights area is removed straight away. You can undo the adjust at any time by enabling the Highlights area yet again in Firefox.
You may convert it off employing Firefox preferences as perfectly if you desire that alternative:
- Load about:config?filter=browser.newtabpage.action-stream.feeds.area.highlights in the Firefox deal with bar.
- Double-click on on the preference browser.newtabpage.action-stream.feeds.area.highlights to toggle its price.
A price of correct usually means Highlights is enabled, a price of fake that the element is disabled.
Tip: Come across out how to load any about:config entry directly.
You may incorporate the preference to your Firefox user.js configuration file, or use it when you deploy Firefox.
Ghacks wants you. You can find out how to aid us below or aid the internet site directly by getting to be a Patreon. Thank you for becoming a Ghacks reader.
The put up Firefox fifty seven: disable highlights on the New Tab Web site appeared to start with on gHacks Technological innovation News.