The Home windows 10 update KB4046355 for the Drop Creators Update — stated as FeatureOnDemandMediaPlayer – Home windows 10 for x64-based mostly Devices (KB4046355) gets rid of Home windows Media Player from the working technique.
The update has been released for the Insider version of Home windows 10 version 1709, but not to all products that run the beta version of the future Drop Creators Update version of Home windows 10.
Take note: A knowledgebase help site does not exist at this time.
It is unclear at this position in time no matter whether that is performed by incident, and no matter whether this may possibly affect products working secure versions of Home windows 10 as very well.
This improve may possibly not be an situation for Home windows end users who run third-get together media players like VLC Media Player, but it may possibly be stunning to those invested in Home windows Media Player.
The update gets rid of Home windows Media Player from the unit (information and context menu entries), but it does not protect against end users from installing it once more.
Set up Home windows Media Player on Home windows 10
The function Home windows Media Player is even now out there on machines working the Drop Creators Update of Home windows 10, but it is not set up by default (at minimum on those machines impacted by this).
You can use the “take care of optional characteristics” site of the working technique to set up Home windows Media Player on the technique, and deliver back again its features together with that improve.
- Open the Settings software with the keyboard shortcut Home windows-I.
- Open Apps > Apps & Characteristics, and click on “take care of optional characteristics” on that site.
- Home windows lists all set up optional characteristics on that site. Decide on the “add a function” solution in close proximity to the top of the site.
- Scroll down to the incredibly bottom of the site that opens. You should come across “Home windows Media Player” stated there as an optional function that you can set up on the unit. Simply click on the merchandise and then on the set up button.
- Go back again to the previous site. You should see the set up course of action of Home windows Media Player on that site. Installation should not take extended than ten or 20 seconds.
Home windows Media Player is out there once more on the unit soon after the set up. Once again, it is not very clear at this position in time no matter whether this is a bug that impacts only a subset of Insider products, or if it is a foreshadowing of factors to occur.
Home windows end users who don’t use Home windows Media Player should not notice any concerns induced by the removal. If concerns are found nevertheless, it is recommended to re-set up the media player using the strategy earlier mentioned. (via Born and Deskmodder)
Now You: Which media player do you use?
Ghacks requirements you. You can come across out how to help us below or help the site straight by getting a Patreon. Thank you for staying a Ghacks reader.
The publish Beware: Update KB4046355 gets rid of Home windows Media Player appeared 1st on gHacks Technological innovation Information.